No. 98/2013 Association for the Protection of All Children (APPROACH) Ltd v. Belgium
The complaint was registered on 4 February 2013. The complainant organisation alleges that the lack of explicit prohibition of corporal punishment in the family, in all forms of alternative care and in schools, both state and private, throughout all communities in Belgium violates Article 17 (the right of children and young persons to social, legal and economic protection) of the European Social Charter. The complaint invokes also Article 7§10 (Right of children and young persons to protection -special protection against physical and morals dangers) of the European Social Charter.
- Case Document no. 1, Complaint registered on 4 February 2013
- Case Document no. 2, Observations from the Government on the admissiblity (French only)
- Case Document no. 3, Submissions in response from the Government to the request for immediate measures (French only)
- Case Document no. 4, Submissions from the Government on the merits
- Case Document no. 5, Response of APPROACH to the Government’s submissions on the request for immediate measures
- Case Document no. 6, Response by APPROACH to the Submissions of the Government on the merits
The European Committee of Social Rights declared the complaint admissible on 2 July 2013.
The European Committee of Social Rights adopted a decision on immediate measures on 2 December 2013.
The European Committee of Social Rights concluded that there was a violation of Article 17§1 of the Charter and transmitted its report containing its decision on the merits of the complaint to the Parties and to the Committee of Ministers on 28 January 2015.
The Committee of Ministers adopted Resolution Res/CM ChS (2015)12 on 17 June 2015.