Location of the initiative:
POLAND (all over the country)
Relation to Strategy 21 Recommendations:
Time span of the initiative:
Brief description of the initiative:
Integrated platform for the heritage data publication and dissemination. The portal promotes Polish national heritage, including objects entered in the national register, the monuments of history, and UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Objectives of the initiative:
- To increase synergy between public institution (NHB), a group of enthusiasts and social activists by allowing them to interact with the information about the monuments, to assess monuments state of preservation and management as well as information on the potential risk or ensuing destruction
- To increase public awareness of the national heritage by providing a wide audience access to digital content associated with the digital representation of Polish monuments and providing information about sits on mobile devices to enable planning tourist trips.
- Gradual and sustainable development of infrastructure and digital resources covering institutional resources as well as valuable private resources submitted for publication.
Brief assessment of the initiative’s results:
The portal is also example of effective cooperation with groups of enthusiasts. An important part of photos are from the community project "Wiki likes monuments", over which the National Heritage Board of Poland exercised patronage in 2011-2014. In some cases, the selected content of topographic maps presented on the map portal comes from the Open Street Map (OSM).
Evaluation on 31 December 2015:
1. 129 968 documents of the register of monuments and the inventory of the monuments from the digital repository of the National Heritage Board of Poland
2. 92 309 spatial objects in the data base run within the obligation outlined by INSPIRE
3. 78 019 objects published on www.mapy.zabytek.gov.pl – map portal -a module sof the zabytek.pl portal.
4. 24 605 objects available on the zabytek.pl portal, represented by photos and descriptions
5. 35 452 entries/month: average amount in 2015 - unique entries on the map portal www.mapy.zabytek.gov.pl (integrated with zabytek.pl)
6. 60 121 entries/month on the CUMULUS module
7. 15 491 entries/month on the former version of zabytek.pl
8. 1 430 users - registered, active users of the mobile app " Monuments in Poland" available at Google Play
Online resources (web):
2. Geoportal – integrated module of above mentioned portal. Also available as the federated INSPIRE node, reachable at: www.mapy.zabytek.pl
3. CUMULUS – integrated module within zabytek.pl. Point your browser to reach the point cloud resources to https://zabytek.pl/en/obiekty?media=cumulus or to 3D models - https://zabytek.pl/en/obiekty?media=3D