Strasbourg, 26 November 2010
CDPATEP (2010) 27 REV
STEERING COMMITTEE FOR CULTURAL HERITAGE AND LANDSCAPE
DRAFT ANNOTATED AGENDA
3rd meeting of the Bureau of the CDPATEP
Strasbourg, 2 and 3 December 2010
Room 17 – Palais de l’Europe
Directorate of Culture and Cultural and Natural Heritage
I. Opening of the meeting by the Chair
Adoption of the draft agenda
[CDPATEP (2010) 27 REV.]
II. Statement by the Director on the preparation of the 2011 programme and the main issues relating to the life of the Organisation and the Directorate
III. Heritage Conventions: follow-up and new ratifications
The Bureau may be pleased to take note of the intention of “the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” to ratify the Faro Convention by bringing the total number of ratifications to 10 – the number required for its entry into force. A first meeting of the states party to the Convention could be held in 2011. It may also wish to take note of the Seminar held on 13-14 September in Yasnaya Polyana which aimed at promoting the understanding of this convention in the Russian Federation.
The Bureau may wish to take note of the results of the two pilot projects carried out in 2011 in Cyprus and The Netherlands and the Road Map for 2011. The case-study modules will be added to Herein 3 once this is on line.
The Bureau may wish to take note on how the case-study modules already carried out on this convention will be entered into the Herein 3 database once this is on line.
IV. Herein and the Thesaurus
The Bureau may wish to take note of the progress made on the Herein 3 development: the prototype and the start of development thanks to voluntary contributions from: Austria, Azerbaijan, Finland, France, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland. It may also wish to take note of the report on the Herein coordinators meeting on 18-20 November in Liège, the 1st Thesaurus meeting on 28-29 September in Athens and the Road Map for 2011. A training session will be held for all confirmed Herein coordinators once Herein 3 goes on line.
V. European Landscape Convention (ELC)
- European Landscape Convention: state of signatures and ratifications
The Bureau is invited to take note of the state of signatures and ratifications of the Convention and congratulate Georgia on its recent accession to the Convention
- General conclusions of the 9th meeting of the Council of Europe Workshops for the Implementation of the European Landscape Convention on “Landscape, infrastructure and society”, Cordoba, 15 and 16 April 2010
The Bureau is invited to thank the Spanish Government for hosting the 9th meeting of the Council of Europe Workshops for the Implementation of the European Landscape Convention, held by the Council of Europe in co-operation with the Spanish Government, the Region of Andalusia and the City of Cordoba, and to take note of its conclusions.
- Council of Europe celebration of the tenth anniversary of the European Landscape Convention (Florence, Italy, 19 and 20 October 2010)
The Bureau is invited to thank the Italian Government for hosting the celebration of the tenth anniversary of the European Landscape Convention, held by the Council of Europe in co-operation with the Italian Government, the Region of Tuscany and the City of Florence, and to take note of its conclusions.
- Landscape Award of the Council of Europe’s European Landscape Convention (2nd session 2010-2011)
The Bureau is informed that on 9 February 2010, the Parties to the Convention were invited to submit candidatures for the 2nd award session (2010-2011) by 31 December 2010, and that links to the sites of national awards referring to the European Landscape Convention could be created on the Council of Europe’s site.
The Bureau is invited to discuss the implementation of the rules concerning the appointment of jury members and in particular the representative of CDPATEP.
- Preparation of the report on “Landscape and wind turbines”
The Bureau is invited to note that this report is being prepared and will be presented to the next Council of Europe Conference on the European Landscape Convention.
- Setting up of the Information System of the European Landscape Convention
The Bureau is invited to select, on the basis of the proposals received and showing due regard for criteria of geographical representativeness and administrative organisation, a number of Parties to the Convention who might test the final version of the questionnaire for the Information System of the European Landscape Convention. A list of countries interested in this scheme will be provided by the Secretariat.
- Specific landscape activities to be implemented during the 2011 programme
The Bureau is invited to discuss priorities concerning landscape issues in the context of the 2011 work programme (see comments under IX).
VI. European Heritage Days
The Bureau is invited to thank the turkish authorities for the events in Turkey on 1-3 October 2010 on the occasion of the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the EHDs and to discuss the further development of this joint initiative with EU.
VII. Regional co-operation
- State of progress on projects and prospects
- Interim evaluation report on the technical co-operation programme
The Bureau is invited to take note of the progress activity report and the interim evaluation report on the co-operation and technical assistance programme.
VIII. Renewal of the CDPATEP’s terms of reference
- Information about the strategy adopted in relation to the terms of reference of steering committees in all the sectors of the Organisation
- Terms of reference of CDPATEP adopted by the Committee of Ministers for 2011
IX. Information on the adoption of the 2011 programme by the Committee of Ministers and initial exchange of views on the programme for 2012
- In the context of the adopted programme 2011 the Bureau is invited to confirm the activities to be implemented as discussed under items III, IV, V and VI of the agenda
- The Bureau is also invited to discuss the main objecties of the 2012 programme to be proposed during the plenary session in May 2011
- Discussion about the possibility of an enlarged joint programme with EU
X. Approval of the document “Culture and conflict” prepared by the secretariat
The Bureau may wish to approve the draft text and encoruage its wide distribution
XI. Other business
- Recommendation 292 (2010) of the Congress on Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe on “Landscape - a new dimension of public territorial action”
- Recommendation 296 (2010) of the Congress on Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe on “Sustainable development of mountain regions and the experience of the Carpathian Mountains”
Those texts are submitted for information and possible comments. A draft reply will be proposed by the Secretariat.
XII. DATE OF THE 2011 PLENARY SESSION
- Plenary Session 5-6 May 2011
- Bureau meeting 1-2 December 2011.