Preventing and Combating Trafficking in Human Beings in "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia"
“Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation is an emergent area of focus...
Good practices on state compensation schemes for victims of human trafficking exchanged at an international seminarSkopje 13 November 2017
"The ratification of the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings of the Council...
Skopje 18 October 2017
“Trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation is a serious human rights...
The Action will assist the Macedonian authorities in implementing the recommendations of the Council of Europe’s Group of Experts on Trafficking in Human Beings (GRETA).
The Action will focus on reducing labour exploitation, fostering access to compensation for victims of human trafficking and enhancing the existing Transnational Referral Mechanism.
This Action is part of the Council of Europe/European Union Horizontal Facility for Western Balkans and Turkey.
The aim of the action is to contribute to reducing trafficking in human beings in the country, in line with the European standards
Objectives and expected results for each objective
Objective 1: Improve detection and identification of, and assistance to, the victims of human trafficking for the purpose of labour exploitation by enhancing the adoption of a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Increased knowledge about trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation in Serbia among the relevant authorities;
- Enhanced capacity of labour inspectors, law enforcement officials, trade unions and other stakeholders to detect, identify and assist victims of trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation.
Objective 2: Strengthen the framework for effective access to compensation for victims of trafficking in human beings.
- Enhanced knowledge of the competent authorities on existing good practices to establish a State compensation fund;
- Improved capacity of law enforcement officials, prosecutors and judges to facilitate access to compensation for victims of trafficking in human beings.
Objective 3: Facilitate safe return and reintegration of victims of trafficking in human beings.
- Strengthened capacity for efficient transnational co-operation and exchange of information between responsible authorities and civil society organisations regarding identification and referral of victims.
This webpage has been produced using funds of a joint project between the European Union and the Council of Europe. The views expressed herein can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union.
- Duration: 21 Months (from 1 October 2016 to 30 June 2018)
- Partners/beneficiaries: National Co-ordinator for the Fight against Trafficking in Human Beings and Illegal Migration, the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, the State Labour Inspectorate, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Justice as well as civil society organisations.
- Funded: European Union and the Council of Europe
- Budget: 350,000 EUR
in English language
- Trafficking for the Purpose of Labour Exploitation
- Leaflet for victims of human trafficking: right to legal aid and compensation
- Leaflet for victims of human trafficking: understanding your rights and the support you can expect
in Macedonian language
- Извештај за трговија со луѓе со цел трудова експлоатација
- Џебен водич за трудовите инспектори за откривање и прелиминарна идентификација на жртвите на трговија со луѓе
- Жртви на трговија со луѓе: Право на правна помош и надомест на штета
- Жртви на трговија со луѓе: Заознајте се со своите права и поддршката која може да ја очекувате
- Препораки за Синдикатите, Агенциите за вработување и приватниот сектор