Quality education for all
05 Jul 2021 09:47:00
Policy Network members discuss the implementation of the Roadmap for improving inclusive education in Bosnia and Herzegovina24 & 25 June 2021
The Policy Network of the Horizontal Facility action “Quality Education for All” in Bosnia and...
15 Apr 2021 17:28:00
Members of the Advisory Board discuss new results achieved within the “Quality education for all” action in Bosnia and HerzegovinaBosnia and Herzegovina 15 April 2021
The fourth Advisory Board meeting of the Horizontal Facility action “Quality Education for All”...
02 Mar 2021 09:42:00
Representatives of pilot schools discuss the democratisation of the education process in Bosnia and HerzegovinaBosnia and Herzegovina 25 February 2021
More than 50 teachers and members of school staff from pilot schools in Bosnia and Herzegovina...
11 Feb 2021 09:53:00
Students learn how to use the Competences for Democratic Culture to promote the culture of non-violenceBosnia and Herzegovina 8 February 2021
A group of 35 secondary school students from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Serbia met...
14 Dec 2020 12:55:00
Students from the region discuss human rights and values during the first Democratic School online chat roomBosnia and Herzegovina 10 December 2020
In the framework of the joint European Union/Council of Europe actions “Quality education for...
“Quality education for all” is an action on education implemented in Bosnia and Herzegovina within the framework of the second phase of the “European Union - Council of Europe Horizontal Facility for Western Balkans and Turkey (HF)”. The Horizontal Facility supports justice reform, the fight against corruption and money laundering and combating discrimination and protecting the rights of vulnerable groups, and covers Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia as well as Kosovo.
The purpose of the Project is to foster a quality education for all by promoting inclusion and solutions to address discrimination in the education system and in this way contribute to an inclusive, peaceful and democratic society with engaged citizens in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In particular, it aims to promote the benefits of multi-ethnic and democratic school for quality education through strengthening capacities of pilot schools to promote democratic school culture.
It builds upon the results achieved during the implementation of the previous Action (HF-38 “Quality Education in Multi-ethnic Societies”) and supports effective implementation of the policy roadmap developed jointly by relevant ministries at state level, entity ministries of education and 10 cantonal ministries of education in April 2019. It is built along three main lines of action:
(1) Enhancing common understanding among relevant authorities and educators of how to develop democratic school culture.
(2) Targeted capacity building of main providers (Ministries of Education, Pedagogical Institutes and CSOs) including by supporting more structured and continuous coordination, and
(3) Awareness-raising of school directors, teachers, students, parents, civil servants and public at large on the benefits of a multi-ethnic and democratic school for quality education.
The main partners of the project are the Ministry of Civil Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, all relevant entity and cantonal ministries of education.
The project is implemented throughout a period of 36 months (23 May 2019 – 23 May 2022).
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
- Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in Bosnia and Herzegovina – JUFREX 2
- Preventing and Combating Trafficking in Human Beings in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Promotion of diversity and equality in BiH
- Quality education for all
- Strengthening human rights treatment of detained persons based on European standards and best practices in Bosnia and Herzegovina