Quality education for all
16 Sep 2020 09:20:00
Policy Recommendation with a Roadmap on Quality Education for All in Bosnia and Herzegovina adopted by the Council of MinistersSarajevo 16 september 2020
With the aim of strengthening quality education for all, the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and...
25 Jun 2020 15:09:0023-6-2020
On 23 June 2020 the Horizontal Facility II action Quality Education for All in Bosnia and...
22 May 2020 18:11:00Sarajevo 22-5-2020
With COVID-19 crisis, the classrooms have become virtual places of learning and fostering a...
22 Apr 2020 16:14:00
This manual has been developed at a time unlike any time ourselves or our children have known, at...
06 Mar 2020 14:26:00Sarajevo 5-3-2020
The second Advisory Board meeting of the Horizontal Facility Action “Quality Education for All”...
“Quality education for all” is an action on education implemented in Bosnia and Herzegovina within the framework of the second phase of the “European Union - Council of Europe Horizontal Facility for Western Balkans and Turkey (HF)”. The Horizontal Facility supports justice reform, the fight against corruption and money laundering and combating discrimination and protecting the rights of vulnerable groups, and covers Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia as well as Kosovo.
The purpose of the Project is to foster a quality education for all by promoting inclusion and solutions to address discrimination in the education system and in this way contribute to an inclusive, peaceful and democratic society with engaged citizens in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In particular, it aims to promote the benefits of multi-ethnic and democratic school for quality education through strengthening capacities of pilot schools to promote democratic school culture.
It builds upon the results achieved during the implementation of the previous Action (HF-38 “Quality Education in Multi-ethnic Societies”) and supports effective implementation of the policy roadmap developed jointly by relevant ministries at state level, entity ministries of education and 10 cantonal ministries of education in April 2019. It is built along three main lines of action:
(1) Enhancing common understanding among relevant authorities and educators of how to develop democratic school culture.
(2) Targeted capacity building of main providers (Ministries of Education, Pedagogical Institutes and CSOs) including by supporting more structured and continuous coordination, and
(3) Awareness-raising of school directors, teachers, students, parents, civil servants and public at large on the benefits of a multi-ethnic and democratic school for quality education.
The main partners of the project are the Ministry of Civil Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, all relevant entity and cantonal ministries of education.
The project is implemented throughout a period of 36 months (23 May 2019 – 23 May 2022).
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
- Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in Bosnia and Herzegovina – JUFREX 2
- Preventing and Combating Trafficking in Human Beings in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Promotion of diversity and equality in BiH
- Quality education for all
- Strengthening human rights treatment of detained persons based on European standards and best practices in Bosnia and Herzegovina