Participants in the COP
Participants are welcome at the meetings of the MEDICRIME Committee of Parties. They can:
- bring relevant information, experience and good practices falling within the Convention’s remit with a view to both improving the Parties’ capacity to prevent and combat the counterfeiting of medical products and other similar crimes involving threats to public health and enhancing international co-operation;
- make proposals before the Committee.
According to the Rules of Procedure, participants can take part in meetings without the right to vote or to defrayal of expenses.
The following shall appoint representatives to participate in the meetings of the MEDICRIME Committee:
- the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe;
- the European Committee on Crime Problems (CDPC);
- relevant Council of Europe intergovernmental or scientific committees and bodies;
- the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe;
- the Conference of International Non-Governmental Organisations (INGOs) of the Council of Europe;
- any other Council of Europe body invited to do so by the Committee of Ministers;
- Member States of the Council of Europe that are not yet Parties to the Convention;
- States which have observer status with the Council of Europe;
- States invited to accede to the Convention