A new technical co-operation project entitled “Countering falsified medical products-Global Programme” (CRIMFAMED) is being implemented by the Criminal Law and Counter-terrorism Division. Financed thanks to a voluntary contribution made by France, this project follows the Needs Assessment- Falsified Medical Products project (NA-FAMED)
The main objectives of the CRIMFAMED project are the following:
- Promoting the MEDICRIME Convention.
- Improving and strengthening legal, regulatory and policy frameworks to be aligned to the MEDICRIME Convention.
- Building and strengthening institutional and operational capacities for legal professionals and law-enforcement authorities through the HELP Course on the MEDICRIME Convention.
- Improving and strengthening international co-operation in criminal matters by the setting-up of a 24/7 Network .
- Facilitate co-ordination and exchange of good practices with European and international counterparts and Council of Europe sectors (notably Rule of Law/Law Enforcement) to co-operate, investigate, stop perpetrators and break the counterfeit circle.
All the information, activities and results will be available on the project’s page and promoted on the MEDICRIME’s Twitter account (@MedicrimeC).