Preventing and Combating Violence against Women in Armenia (2018)
The Project “Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence in Armenia” aimed at strengthening the capacity of key stakeholders involved in preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence
The Council of Europe focused on increasing the knowledge of professionals and facilitating exchange and best practice on the implementation of the new Armenian law on domestic violence and relevant European standards, in particular, the Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence (Istanbul Convention).
The project contributed to the implementation of the Council of Europe Action Plan for Armenia 2015–2018.
The project objectives were:
- To increase the knowledge of legal professionals on taking a victim’s cantered approach when dealing with the cases of violence against women and domestic violence. This approach will be implemented through targeted trainings, peer-to-peer exchanges and expert support to develop a training curriculum for the Academy of Justice.
- To strengthen the knowledge of law enforcement professionals on violence against women and domestic violence issues through targeted trainings and the development of a practical handbook for police officers to deal with cases and dissemination of relevant materials.
- To raise awareness on the Council of Europe Istanbul Convention and its standards among relevant stakeholders
Academia of Justice
Police of Armenia
With the support of the Council of Europe's Office in Armenia, the Council of Europe co-operated with different state insitutions, non-governemental organisations and international organisations and donor organisations.
- Co-operation projects
- Co-operation Newsroom
- Co-operation with the EEA and Norway Grants
- PGG: Strengthening access to justice for women victims of violence (2015-2018)
- PGG II: Women's Access to Justice (2019-2021)
- Preventing and Combating Violence against Women in Armenia (2018)
- The Path towards Armenia's Ratification of the Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence
- Raising Bosnia and Herzegovina's institutional capacity to prevent and combat violence against women and domestic violence (2019)
- Preventing and Combating Violence against Women in Georgia (2018-2019)
- Reinforcing the fight against violence against women and domestic violence in Kosovo* (Phase II), 2019 -2021
- Co-operation on the implementation of the Russian Federation National Action Strategy for Women 2017–2022 (2019-2020)
- The Istanbul Convention: a tool to advance in fighting violence against women and domestic violence in Ukraine (2018-2020)
- Co-operation with Southern Mediterranean countries
- Promoting an Integrated Approach to End Violence against Women and Enhancing Gender Equality in Georgia (2020-2022)
- Awareness-raising Activities on the Istanbul Convention in the Republic of Moldova (2020)
- Fostering a comprehensive institutional response to violence against women and domestic violence in Turkey
- Raising awareness of the Istanbul Convention and other gender equality standards in Azerbaijan
- Combatting Violence Against Women in Ukraine (COVAW)
- Contact us -coop projects