Promoting an Integrated Approach to End Violence against Women and Enhancing Gender Equality in Georgia (2020-2022)
The project aims at supporting the efforts of state authorities in preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, protecting the victims and prosecuting the perpetrators of violence as well as advancing gender equality.
The Council of Europe focuses on providing the latest information and knowledge about the relevant European standards, in particular the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (the Istanbul Convention), and its implications for national laws, policies and practices to ensure better support, protection and access to justice for victims and survivors of violence against women.
The project will focus on capacity and knowledge building on the Istanbul Convention and will ensure that an exchange of promising practices is promoted. The project will provide support for analysing gaps in policies and practices, developing modules and materials and practical tools, such as guidebooks and awareness raising materials, as well as conducting trainings, online courses and a study visit to exchange experiences with other Council of Europe member States.
- Strengthening policy and institutional framework for the effective application of European standards, notably the Istanbul Convention and other gender equality standards
- Reinforcing the capacities of public officials (legal professionals, social workers, etc.) to deal with cases of violence against women and domestic violence;
- Raising awareness of the general public and authorities on the prevention of violence against women and domestic violence, including gender equality.
Inter-agency Commission on Gender Equality, Violence against Women and Domestic Violence
Public Defender’s Office
Ministry of Internal Affairs
General Prosecutor’s Office
Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Labour, Health and Social Affairs
High School of Justice
The project additionally co-operates with different state institutions and non-governmental organisations, international and donor organisations working in the field of preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence.
The project is implemented by
the Capacity Building and Co-operation Projects Unit at the Council of Europe’s Gender Equality Division
Sara HAAPALAINEN, Policy Adviser, Project Manager
the Council of Europe Office in Tbilisi
Mariam JAJANIDZE, Senior Project Officer
Nino MACHKHANELI, Project Assistant
- Co-operation projects
- Co-operation Newsroom
- Co-operation with the EEA and Norway Grants
- PGG: Strengthening access to justice for women victims of violence (2015-2018)
- PGG II: Women's Access to Justice (2019-2021)
- Preventing and Combating Violence against Women in Armenia (2018)
- The Path towards Armenia's Ratification of the Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence
- Raising Bosnia and Herzegovina's institutional capacity to prevent and combat violence against women and domestic violence (2019)
- Preventing and Combating Violence against Women in Georgia (2018-2019)
- Reinforcing the fight against violence against women and domestic violence in Kosovo* (Phase II), 2019 -2021
- Co-operation on the implementation of the Russian Federation National Action Strategy for Women 2017–2022 (2019-2020)
- The Istanbul Convention: a tool to advance in fighting violence against women and domestic violence in Ukraine (2018-2020)
- Co-operation with Southern Mediterranean countries
- Promoting an Integrated Approach to End Violence against Women and Enhancing Gender Equality in Georgia (2020-2022)
- Awareness-raising Activities on the Istanbul Convention in the Republic of Moldova (2020)
- Fostering a comprehensive institutional response to violence against women and domestic violence in Turkey
- Raising awareness of the Istanbul Convention and other gender equality standards in Azerbaijan
- Combatting Violence Against Women in Ukraine (COVAW)
- Contact us -coop projects