Promoting an Integrated Approach to End Violence against Women and Enhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
30 Jun 2021 15:44:00
Ten representatives of the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs successfully passed a 4-day...
24 Sep 2021 09:10:00
Manual on practitioners in Georgia on effective investigating, prosecuting and adjudicating sexual violence cases was released
A new manual, aimed at improving access to justice for victims of sexual violence in the Georgian...
01 May 2021 16:43:0017, 19 and 26 March 2021
The Office of the Public Defender in co-operation with the Council of Europe Office in Georgia,...
20 Apr 2021 09:13:0013 April 2021
A group of 50 prosecutors and 9 investigators received their certificates for completing a 4-day...
08 Dec 2020 12:49:00Tbilisi, Georgia 8 December 2020
On 8 December, 2020, the Public Defender of Georgia and the Council of Europe held a joint online...
The Council of Europe project aims at supporting the efforts of state authorities in preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, protecting the victims and prosecuting the perpetrators of violence as well as advancing gender equality. The Council of Europe focuses on providing the latest information and knowledge about the relevant European standards, in particular-the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (hereinafter the Istanbul Convention).
The project will focus on capacity and knowledge building on the Istanbul Convention and will ensure that an exchange of promising practices is promoted. The project will provide support for analyzing gaps in policies and practices, developing modules / materials and practical tools, such as guidebooks and awareness raising materials, as well as conducting trainings, online courses and a study visit to exchange experiences with other CoE country.
- Inter-agency Commission on Gender Equality, Violence against Women and Domestic Violence;
- Public Defender's Office;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- General Prosecutor's Office;
- Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs;
- High School of Justice;
The project additionally co-operates with different state institutions and non-governmental organisations international and donor organisations working in the field of preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence
- Strengthening policy and institutional framework for the effective application of European standards, notably the Istanbul Convention and other gender equality standards;
- Reinforcing the capacities of public officials (legal professionals, social workers, etc.) to deal with cases of violence against women and domestic violence;
- Raising awareness of the general public and authorities on the prevention of violence against women and domestic violence, including gender equality.
Тhe total budget of the project is 800 000 Euros
The project is implemented by the Capacity Building and Co-operation Projects Unit at the Council of Europe Gender Equality Division together with the Council of Europe Office in Georgia.
Project Assistant: Nino Machkhaneli