Promoting an Integrated Approach to End Violence against Women and Enhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
30 Nov 2022 12:07:00
This year for the second year in a row, the Council of Europe Office in Georgia was one of the...
05 Jul 2022 09:26:0024-26 June 2022
The Council of Europe Office in Georgia teamed up together with the Tbilisi Open Air festival. In...
08 Jun 2022 10:56:004 June 2022
20 Georgian judges from city courts and courts of appeal successfully completed a 2-day pilot...
03 May 2022 13:18:00
A first group of court representatives in Georgia trained on HELP course on violence against women and domestic violence3 May 2022
20 successful participants received their certificates of completion for the HELP (Human Rights...
28 Mar 2022 14:47:00Tbilisi, Georgia 28 March 2022
The Embassy of Italy in Tbilisi and the Office of the Council of Europe in Georgia in cooperation...
The Council of Europe project aims at supporting the efforts of state authorities in preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence, protecting the victims and prosecuting the perpetrators of violence as well as advancing gender equality. The Council of Europe focuses on providing the latest information and knowledge about the relevant European standards, in particular-the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (hereinafter the Istanbul Convention).
The project will focus on capacity and knowledge building on the Istanbul Convention and will ensure that an exchange of promising practices is promoted. The project will provide support for analyzing gaps in policies and practices, developing modules / materials and practical tools, such as guidebooks and awareness raising materials, as well as conducting trainings, online courses and a study visit to exchange experiences with other CoE country.
- Inter-agency Commission on Gender Equality, Violence against Women and Domestic Violence;
- Public Defender's Office;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- General Prosecutor's Office;
- Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs;
- High School of Justice;
The project additionally co-operates with different state institutions and non-governmental organisations international and donor organisations working in the field of preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence
The project is implemented by the Capacity Building and Co-operation Projects Unit at the Council of Europe Gender Equality Division together with the Council of Europe Office in Georgia.
Senior Project Officer: Mariam Jajanidze
Project Assistant: Nino Machkhaneli
- Strengthening policy and institutional framework for the effective application of European standards, notably the Istanbul Convention and other gender equality standards;
- Reinforcing the capacities of public officials (legal professionals, social workers, etc.) to deal with cases of violence against women and domestic violence;
- Raising awareness of the general public and authorities on the prevention of violence against women and domestic violence, including gender equality.
Тhe total budget of the project is 800 000 Euros