The Department of the European Social Charter, in collaboration with ENNHRI and Equinet, is organising two online events “How can National Human Rights Institutions and Equality Bodies engage with the European Committee of Social Rights under the monitoring procedures of the European Social Charter” on 22 and 24 February 2021.
The objectives of the meetings are to:
- strengthen the knowledge of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) and National Equality Bodies (NEBs) on the monitoring procedures of the European Social Charter, in particular on the reporting procedure and the collective complaints procedure, in order to encourage them to take an active part in the monitoring;
- examine the opportunities for NHRIs and NEBs to submit additional information to the European Committee of Social Rights (ECSR) for conclusions 2021 relating to the thematic group “health, social security and social protection”;
- share concrete experiences relating to collecting, presenting and submitting additional information to the ECSR.
Following these meetings, the Department of the European Social Charter will prepare and publish guidelines for NHRIs and NEBs on how to engage with the ECSR, similar to those published for non-governmental organisations.
- Agenda and Concept
- Reporting Procedure
- Collective Complaints Procedure
- Questions to States Parties of the Revised European Social Charter
- Questions to States Parties of the 1961 Charter
- Signatures and ratifications
- Acceptance of provisions
- Brochure "How can (I)NGOs engage with the ECSR under the monitoring procedures of the European Social Charter"