Strengthening Democratic Culture in Basic Education
Objective: to integrate a democratic school culture into the Turkish national education system
- Policy recommendations for the integration of competences for democratic culture are put forward and a strategic action plan will be developed building on these policy recommendations.
- Education materials based on human rights, democracy and universal core values are developed targeting basic education institutions.
- School teachers and education practitioners working in basic education institutions are equipped with competences for democratic culture.
- Basic education institutions, school communities and the general public have an increased awareness and a better understanding of democratic school culture.
- Working groups/expert meetings: representatives of the Ministry of Education and consultants will meet to work on a needs analysis, a review of curricula and on the development of training programmes and materials.
- Strategic Planning meetings: decision makers from the Ministry of Education will meet to develop a roadmap for the policy recommendations.
- Focus Groups meetings: members of the Ministry of Education will meet stakeholders and target groups of the project to discuss key issues.
- Domestic study visits: students from pilot cities will have the opportunity to visit Ankara to share experiences and good practices and to establish partnerships and networks with each other.
- Training of trainers: a pool of trainers for specific target groups will be created to support the sustainability of the results of the project.
- Regional Workshops and Conferences: events to raise awareness and share lessons learned and results of the project will be organised.
For more information:
21 November 2022 Ankara, Türkiye
21 September 2022 Ankara, Türkiye
23 May 2022 Tirana
12 April 2022 Ankara
6 April 2022 Ankara
11 March 2022 Switzerland
16 February 2022 Antalya
30 September 2021 Ankara
28 September 2021 Ankara
22 September 2021 Ankara
26 July 2021 Ankara
15 December 2020 Ankara
4 November 2019 Ankara
17 December 2018 Strasbourg
- Capacity building
- Current Projects
- European Qualifications Passport for Refugees
- Quality Education for All - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Quality Education for All - Montenegro
- Quality education for all – Serbia
- Strengthening Democratic Citizenship Education in Albania
- INCLUDE - Building Capacity for Inclusion in Education
- Strengthening Democratic Culture in Basic Education
- Education for Democracy in the Republic of Moldova
- Democracy Starts in Schools
- EEA/Norway Grants
- Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity
- Supporting an efficient national mechanism of recognition of refugees qualifications in Italy
- Previous Projects
- Resources developed within capacity building projects
- Current Projects