4.2 Early childhood development and universal pre-primary education
By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education so that they
are ready for primary education
Pre-school education is not a main focus of Council of Europe activities on Education.
In 2000, however, the Council of Europe’s governing body, the Committee of Ministers, addressed a Recommendation to member States on the education of Roma/Gypsy children in Europe which specifically requested member States to develop pre-school education schemes and make them available to Roma/Gypsy children.
- 4.1 Universal primary and secondary education
- 4.2 Early childhood development and universal pre-primary education
- 4.3 Equal access to technical/vocational and higher education
- 4.4 Relevant skills for decent work
- 4.5 Gender equality and inclusion
- 4.6 Universal youth literacy
- 4.7 Education for sustainable development and global citizenship
- 4.a Effective learning environments