26 Jan 2022 17:04:00
Conference on Social Resilience and Health Equity: A human right prospective for better resilience and preparednessOnline event 22 February 2022
Organised under the Italian Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe.
15 Dec 2021 11:28:00Strasbourg 14/12/2021
On 14 December 2021 Ms Helena Mas Santuré, Secretary of State of Health of Andorra signed, on...
13 Dec 2021 10:34:00
The Committee on Bioethics (DH-BIO) becomes the Steering Committee for Human Rights in the fields of Biomedicine and Health (CDBIO)Strasbourg 13 December 2021
On 24 November 2021, the Committee of Ministers adopted the terms of reference of the Council of...
13 Dec 2021 08:00:00
Online training session on “Informed consent” and “Medical confidentiality’’ under the Project on ‘‘Human Rights Protection in Biomedicine’’ in Armenia13 December 2021
Online training session on the topics of ‘’Informed consent’’ and ‘’Medical confidentiality’’ was...
- “Vaccine pass”: a new statement of the Committee on Bioethics underlined the human rights challenges
- Vaccine passports: Council of Europe issues guidance to governments to safeguard human rightsts
- Statement - COVID-19 and vaccines : ensuring equitable access to vaccination during the current and future pandemics
- A Council of Europe contribution to support member states in addressing healthcare issues in the context of the present public health crisis and beyond
- DH-BIO Statement on human rights considerations relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic
What we do ?
Biological and medical research and developments in technology have produced spectacular advances in the health field. However, these advances raise ethical issues that affect the individual and protection of the individual’s rights and dignity (genetics, transplantation, biobanks, emerging technologies, etc).