20 sept. 2023
Publication of the mid-term report of the Strategic Action Plan on Human Rights and Technologies in Biomedicine (2020-2025)Strasbourg 20 September 2023
On 14 September 2023, the mid-term report of the Strategic Action Plan on Human Rights and...
18 sept. 2023
Members of Armenian Ethics Committee have strengthened their skills and capacities on European standards of Ethics Committees16-17 September 2023
In an effort to further support the Reform Agenda of the Government of Armenia to strengthen the...
17 juil. 2023
The staff of the National Institute of Health has strengthened the capacities on the principles of the Oviedo Convention and its Additional Protocols13-14 July 2023
On 13-14 July 2023, a capacity-building on the main principles of the Oviedo Convention and its...
15 juin 2023Strasbourg 15 June 2023
On 15 June 2023, Ambassador Joan FORNER ROVIRA, Permanent Representative of Andorra, deposited...
- Recommendation CM/Rec(2023)1 of the Committee of Ministers to member States on equitable access to medicinal products and medical equipment in a situation of shortage
- “Vaccine pass”: a new statement of the Committee on Bioethics underlined the human rights challenges
- Vaccine passports: Council of Europe issues guidance to governments to safeguard human rightsts
- Statement - COVID-19 and vaccines : ensuring equitable access to vaccination during the current and future pandemics
- A Council of Europe contribution to support member states in addressing healthcare issues in the context of the present public health crisis and beyond
- DH-BIO Statement on human rights considerations relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic
What we do ?
Biological and medical research and developments in technology have produced spectacular advances in the health field. However, these advances raise ethical issues that affect the individual and protection of the individual’s rights and dignity (genetics, transplantation, biobanks, emerging technologies, etc).