9 févr. 2024Yerevan, Armenia 7 February 2024
Council of Europe Convention on Human Rights in Biomedicine (known as the Oviedo Convention) is...
8 févr. 2024
Council of Europe promotes autonomy and address the issues of legal capacity in the field of mental healthArmenia 5 February 2024
The protection of rights of persons with mental health issues has been at the center of the work...
30 janv. 2024Strasbourg, France 22-24 January 2024
On 22-24 January 2024, a high-level delegation from National Assembly of the RA headed by Mr...
- Recommendation CM/Rec(2023)1 of the Committee of Ministers to member States on equitable access to medicinal products and medical equipment in a situation of shortage
- “Vaccine pass”: a new statement of the Committee on Bioethics underlined the human rights challenges
- Vaccine passports: Council of Europe issues guidance to governments to safeguard human rightsts
- Statement - COVID-19 and vaccines : ensuring equitable access to vaccination during the current and future pandemics
- A Council of Europe contribution to support member states in addressing healthcare issues in the context of the present public health crisis and beyond
- DH-BIO Statement on human rights considerations relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic
What we do ?
Biological and medical research and developments in technology have produced spectacular advances in the health field. However, these advances raise ethical issues that affect the individual and protection of the individual’s rights and dignity (genetics, transplantation, biobanks, emerging technologies, etc).