Children's rights committee
Ad hoc Committee for the Rights of the Child (CAHENF)
The Ad hoc Committee for the Rights of the Child (CAHENF) guides the intergovernmental work in the area of the rights of the child.
• oversee the implementation of the Council of Europe Strategy for the Rights of the Child 2016-2021;
• promote mainstreaming of children’s rights at the level of the organisation and in member States;
• facilitate exchanges of knowledge, good practices and experiences;
• provide expertise to support the implementation of the UNCRC and Council of Europe standards on children’s rights;
• advise the Committee of Ministers and the Secretary General on appropriate action to be taken and provide advice as requested;
• follow the activities of the relevant monitoring and other bodies, in particular the Lanzarote Committee.
The Committee is composed of representatives of all 47 member States. Other participants and observers include observer States to the Council of Europe, Council of Europe bodies and committees, other international organisations, and NGOs.
In September 2016, the CAHENF decided to establish two drafting groups to support its mandate, namely the Drafting Group of Specialists on Children and the Digital Environment (CAHENF-IT) and the Drafting Group of Experts on Children’s Rights and Safeguards in the context of migration (CAHENF- Safeguards).
Watch the video statements recorded by the members of the CAHENF to promote the European Day on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse
● Ms Ina Verzivolli (Albania)
● Mr Alexis Rinckenbach (France)
CAHENF Bureau members
- Ms Christel de Craim (Belgium)
- Ms Satu Sistonen (Finland)
- Ms Gabriela Coman (Romania)