Quality education for all
27 May 2021 10:31:00
Steering Committee meeting in Montenegro focused on the action progress and related challenges in educationPodgorica, Montenegro 27 May 2021
Meeting on 6 May, the Steering Committee of the Horizontal Facility action “Quality education for...
20 Nov 2020 15:23:00
What can be done to make sure that students with disabilities are less vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic?Podgorica, Montenegro 19 November 2020
The outbreak of COVID-19 has caused students with disabilities to be additionally vulnerable, due...
05 Nov 2020 09:00:00Podgorica, Montenegro 5 November 2020
Further to the Law on academic integrity, the Ethics Committee have launched the development of...
03 Nov 2020 14:00:00Montenegro 3 November 2020
The third Steering Committee meeting for the action “Quality Education for All” took place on 27...
03 Nov 2020 10:00:00Montenegro 3 November 2020
Human dignity and human rights, cultural diversity, democracy, justice, fairness, equality and...
What is the goal?
To foster quality education for all enriched by Council of Europe standards and practices, in particular through the implementation of the Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture and good practices of the Platform for Ethics, Transparency and Integrity in Education (ETINED).
Who benefits from the project?
- Ministry of Education; University of Montenegro and other higher education institutions;
- Ethical Committee, Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education;
- 40 pilot schools including teachers and school management, students, parents and their communities;
- Montenegrin citizens who will enjoy the benefits of an education system enriched by democratic culture and academic integrity.
How will the project work?
- Through technical expertise, capacity building, learning from peers and good practices from the Council of Europe members states emerging from ETINED sessions and study visits;
- Grants for school-based projects, cascade training, and regional exchange will be provided;
- It builds on the results of co-operation in the field of “Strengthen integrity and combat corruption in higher education” and “Fostering a democratic school culture” under HF Phase I (2016-2019).
What do we expect to achieve?
- Main actors in education promote democratic culture and academic integrity as key elements of quality education.
- Relevant educational institutions will have developed tools to foster academic integrity within higher education.
- Schools will have identified opportunities to foster quality education for all learners enriched by a democratic school culture and inclusive education for all.
How much will it cost?
The total budget of the Action is 800,000 EUR.
The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- Education Department, Directorate of Democratic Citizenship and Participation, DGII – Directorate General of Democracy, email@example.com, website: www.coe.int/education
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Marija.SIMIC@coe.int, +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Besnik.Baka@coe.int, +355 69 217 8430