Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro
08 Jun 2021 09:29:00Western Balkans 7 June 2021
The “Block the hatred. Share the love!” campaign dedicated to counter the phenomenon of hate...
17 May 2021 15:09:00Podgorica, Montenegro 17 May 2021
A public discussion on responses to hate speech and hate crimes formally opened on 17 May 2021...
29 Apr 2021 09:26:00
European Union and Council of Europe regional campaign: Block the hatred. Share the love! takes aheadWestern Balkans 29 April 2021
Since its official launch in mid-December, the regional no-hate speech campaign has continued to...
27 Apr 2021 10:43:00
Combating discrimination in Montenegro: new training for civil servants at local level being conductedPodgorica, Montenegro 27 April 2021
As part of the efforts to reinforce the fight against discrimination in Montenegro and raise...
What is the goal?
- To strengthen the capacity of national and local stakeholders to better address issues related to anti-discrimination, combating hate-speech and protecting rights of LGBTI persons in line with the standards and recommendations set by the Council of Europe – especially those of the European Commission on Racism and Intolerance (ECRI);
- The action also aims at supporting Montenegro’s accession negotiations with the European Union in the field of fundamental rights.
Who benefits from the Action?
- The citizens of Montenegro;
- National and local authorities;
- Education professionals;
- Sport workers;
- Civil society organisations engaged in promoting and protecting human rights
How will the Action work?
- Through a combination of legal and strategic support to institutions; capacity building activities; peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners; raise-awareness campaigns on selected anti-discrimination topics; support to CSOs and local authorities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the citizens.
- It builds on the results of earlier co-operation programs in the field of anti-discrimination in the country, also co-funded by the Council of Europe and the European Union.
What do we expect to achieve?
- To improve the record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime);
- Achieve better protection of the rights of citizens of Montenegro and build more tolerant society open to differences of its members, or similar.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 250.000 EUR
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- Council of Europe, website of the Anti-discrimination Department: https://www.coe.int/en/web/inclusion-and-antidiscrimination
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Marija.SIMIC@coe.int, +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Besnik.BAKA@coe.int, +355 69 217 8430