Accountability and professionalism of the judicial system in Montenegro
03 Dec 2021 13:11:00Podgorica, Montenegro 3 December 2021
Mediation is being increasingly used in Montenegro to facilitate collaborative problem-solving...
02 Dec 2021 10:46:00
Regional Conference on domestic and regional perspectives and challenges in alternative dispute resolution to be held in PodgoricaPodgorica, Montenegro 2 December 2021
The Conference on domestic and regional perspectives and challenges in alternative dispute...
23 Nov 2021 15:47:00
Pripremljen nacrt novog Akcionog plana za Komunikacionu strategiju Državnog tužilaštva i Tužilačkog savjetaKolasin, Crna Gora 22. i 23.novembar 2021.
U susret izradi nove Komunikacione strategije Državnog tužilaštva i Tužilačkog savjeta,...
22 Nov 2021 12:11:00Podgorica, Montenegro 22 November 2021
Judicial training principles provide for a common foundation for the professional advancement of...
12 Nov 2021 14:48:00
Launching of the gender research in Montenegro’s judicial system to promote gender equality in judiciary MONTENEGRO 12 NOVEMBER 2021Montenegro 12 November 2021
Justice systems are influenced by predominant cultural norms, including gender roles. For this...
What is the goal?
- To further enhance professionalism, accountability and the overall quality of service of the judicial system of Montenegro;
- To ensure functioning of the Judicial and Prosecutorial Councils, Centre for Training, as well as of the Center for Mediation on Montenegro in line with European best practices and standards;
Focusing on ethics, liability and integrity, the Action will further strengthen, improve or in some cases assist to create the relevant ethical codes and mechanisms for monitoring the compliance among legal professions such as lawyers, bailiffs, notaries and court experts.
Who benefits from the Action?
- Citizens of Montenegro, who will benefit from modernised judicial administration and institutions, through user-centered approach, as well as professional and ethical judiciary and legal professionals;
- Judicial Council, Prosecutorial Council, Supreme Court of Montenegro, Office of the Supreme State Prosecutor, Center for Training in Judiciary and State Prosecution Service (JTC), Ministry of Justice of Montenegro, Bar Association, Chamber of Public Bailiffs, Chamber of Notaries, Association of Court Experts, Association of Court Interpreters and Center for Mediation of Montenegro.
How will the Action work?
- Through capacity building of crucial judicial institutions in Montenegro;
- Through creation of ethical codes and mechanisms for monitoring the compliance;
- Through providing expertise to the relevant bodies in Montenegrin justice system;
- Through promotion of the judiciary, mediation and quality of mediation services and tools for their monitoring and improvement;
- The Action builds upon the results achieved by the Action “Accountability of the Judicial System” (HF14), implemented in the Horizontal Facility phase I (2016 – 2019)
What do we expect to achieve?
- Judicial and Prosecutorial Councils, as well as Courts and Prosecutorial offices, improve the financial and administrative management of their institutions and the communication with court users;
- Judges, prosecutors and other legal professionals improve their application of ethical and disciplinary procedures in line with European standards and best practices;
- Judges and prosecutors are recruited, promoted and evaluated according to improved standards;
- Center for Training in Judiciary and State Prosecution Service is efficient, using confidently and applying new approaches and methods to plan, implement, evaluate and improve training programs for judges and prosecutors
- The Centre for Mediation improves its effectiveness and functioning
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 800.000 EUR
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
How to get more information?
- European Committee on Legal Co-operation: https://www.coe.int/en/web/cdcj/home
- Horizontal Facility website: https://pjp-eu.coe.int/en/web/horizontal-facility/home
- Marija Simić, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Marija.SIMIC@coe.int, +381 63 601 337
- Besnik Baka, Horizontal Facility Communication Officer, Besnik.BAKA@coe.int, +355 69 217 8430