Side event co-organised by GRECO, OECD and UNODC (Vienna, 8 November 2017)
In the framework of the Conference of State Parties (COSP) to the United Nations Convention against Corruption, GRECO has organised in Vienna, on 8 November 2017, jointly with OECD and UNODC, the side event on “Interests and asset disclosures by public officials: what works and what does not? Latest insights from anti-corruption monitoring bodies”.
The event brought together policy makers and practitioners in the field of corruption prevention matters and, specifically, those involved in the design, management, implementation, enforcement and on-going evaluation and improvement of systems for the disclosure of public officials’ interests and assets.
- Programme and brief description
- "Progress. Work in progress. Financial disclosures and the way they shape the legal and institutional landscape", by Laura Stefan OECD Consultant, Expert Forum, Rule of Law and Anticorruption Coordinator, Romania
- “Transparency in action : Asset & interest disclosure, two sides of a same coin”, by Mr Guillaume VALETTE-VALLA, Secretary General, High Authority for Transparency in Public Life, France
- "Shining a light on or veiling corruption?: Disclosure of interests and assets by public officials in GRECO member States”, by Ms Lioubov SAMOKHINA, Senior Counsel, Secretariat of the Group of States against Corruption (GRECO), Council of Europe
- “Asset declaration as a tool for transparency and prevention of corruption. First experiences in open format exploitation in Argentina”, by Ms Laura GELER, Deputy Director of the Planning Policy Transparency Area – Anticorruption Office, Argentina
- Reinforcing a Culture of Integrity: Enhancing Asset Declaration System through Technology - Power Point Presentation / Reinforcing a Culture of Integrity: Enhancing Asset Declaration System through Technology - PDF document, by Hon. Conchita CARPIO MORALES, Ombudsman of the Republic of the Philippines