Promotion of diversity and equality in Albania
26 nov. 2019 17:35:00
Combating discrimination and hate speech in the Western Balkans - joining forces with institutions and with civil societyWESTERN BALKANS 26 NOVEMBER 2019
The joint EU/Council of Europe programme "Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey...
11 mai 2020 09:23:00Tirana, Albania 11 May 2020
The action on “Promotion of Diversity and Equality in Albania” under the EU/CoE “Horizontal...
- At policy and legislative level : supporting the authorities to enhance the compatibility of the legislation
- At capacity building level : enhancing the implementation of the relevant laws/strategic documents, their monitoring and the data collection and analysis
- Raising awareness of the dangers posed by hate speech
- Strengthening cooperation and synergies among Western Balkan equality bodies and/or national human rights institutions, and their interaction with civil society organizations
- Ensuring a gender sensitive approach
- The record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Dialogue and cooperation between institutions and civil society organizations in promoting and protecting human rights are enhanced
- Awareness of citizens on their rights and mechanisms to defend themselved is strenghened
- Better protection of human rights of the citizens of Albania and build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society is achieved
Love is Love
LGBTI Pride 2012-2020 Albania
2020 Zoom Pride
UJI I FTOHTE
IF YOU CANT TELL, DOES IT REALLY MATTERS?
#HateSpeech is dangerous as it incites acts of violence or discrimination, thus undermining respect and safety of individuals, damaging the cohesion of a society. At the same time, everyone has the right to freedom of speech which allows our democracy to develop and progress. In an attempt to draw the line between the importance of freedom of expression and the respect for the equal dignity of all individuals, we invited well-known actors and key figures from public institutions and civil society organisations in Albania to reflect and have their say on the matter.
The National Conference “Freedom Without Hate” held on 20 December 2019, was an opportunity to come together and better address hate speech, but also to firmly stand in support of freedom of expression. The “No Hate Alliance” was established, so that partners join forces to protect freedom of speech while hate speech is no longer tolerated.