Global Education Week 2019 activities
VIIth National Conference on Global Education - in which participated more than 80 educators from all over the country.
Vth National competition "Global School" - 10 winners among the 50 schools participating.
Two National Meetings of the Students energy efficiency teams functioning in 60 schools of the country - November 13-14 in Tarnovo and Sofia.
- Festival of Global Development Education – Climate is changing, what about us?
- Similar event was organised by one of the member organisations ARPOK in Olomouc.
- Common program for schools and for the public in the regions – (1) A 90-minute lecture on climate for primary and secondary schools and (2) a movie on the topic of climate followed by public debates, all prepared by the tFoRS GDE working group.
This year eight schools participated with two coming from Gozo.
Video clip used during a special assembly to all school to raise awareness on climate change (Geography and Social Studies Students)
Presentation and posters on what is global climate, the impacts and solutions (Geography Students)
Presentation on the sustainable goals ( Social Studies Students)
Litterless campaign - Paper Roll Angel Decoration (Science Students)
Vox pop Video - People's awareness on Climate change (Geography Students)
Presentation on pollution (History / European Studies students)
Drama which will include a dance
- Facebook event.
- Newsletter for teachers and educators.
- Poster preparation.
- Schools and other institutions were organising independent activities. Some of these were reported to Grupa Zagranica or announced on the FB event.
Republic of Serbia
- November 18, national conference on Youth Dialogue.
- November 19, regional conference within the project "Network of Youth Funds of the Western Balkans and Turkey".
- Platform aimed at reducing the gap between institutions and young people and it will serve as a mechanism for consultation with young people on all issues.
- Last three days of Global Education Week have been dedicated to sports. The motto of this year`s sport fair was “Sport combines world” (Sport spaja sve(t)).
- Final conference on December 5.
The activities consisted in: seminars, study cases, debates, interactive workshops, short movies, roundtables, exhibitions, forum plays, charity donations, volunteering activities, marches for community awareness on joint efforts, training sessions on personal development and leadership, public speaking sessions, theatrical performances, activities organized within European projects, projects organized by schools in partnership with governmental organizations, local administration, and communities, cultural institutions, NGOs, universities.
Each county school inspectorate selected the best activities organized during Global education Week and uploaded them on the GEW Facebook page.