Recruitment in our field offices differs from our regular recruitment process. In short the key points of difference are:
- Candidates must already be present in the host country at the time of recruitment.
- Applications from staff members of the Council of Europe, who currently hold a fixed-term (CDD) contract or former staff members whose fixed-term contract has ended less than 12 months before the deadline for applications, will not be considered.
- All contracts offered under this type of recruitment are temporary contracts which can be renewed on an annual basis.
- The recruitment process involves shortlisting and interviews. In some cases candidates may also be asked to sit assessments.
- The conditions of remuneration are different, in particular with regard to the applicable allowances.
For full details of the conditions that apply you can consult our Staff Regulations (Rule No. 1234 laying down the conditions of recruitment and employment of locally recruited staff members working in Council of Europe Duty Stations located outside of France).