Following the participative survey to the HEREIN network on garden policy launched in 2015, a first meeting of interested countries agreed on the need to build a network of administrations responsible for garden policies in Europe.
This has led to create the "HEREIN in garden" network whose objectives are:
1. Contributing to the building of a voluntary countries network;
2. Promoting the exchange of information and know-how;
3. Promoting international and national activities on gardens;
4. Raising awareness of different audiences.
To achieve it, it aims in particular to provide information on:
- At international level: actors; legislation
- At national level: authorities responsible and other actors; national legislation; avalaible documentation; awareness actions; protection measures; existing training.
Photo: Ambleville castle's garden, France, 2010, © MH Bénetière
The next edition of the Rendez-vous aux jardins, which will be held on Friday 7 (a day more particularly dedicated to schoolchildren), Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 June 2019, will be dedicated to the theme "Animals in the garden. ». For the second consecutive year, these Garden Rendez-vous will be...
In July 2018, the “Centre for heritage professions” in Wallonia (Belgium) organized two weeks of activities and internships for very different audiences. During the first week of July, the 2nd meeting of educators on heritage professions with the theme of urban and rural gardens was held: nine...
As part of the European Year of Heritage in 2018 and inspired by the 14 French editions of "Rendez-vous aux Jardins", a joint event took place on 2-3 June 2018 in 16 European countries (Belgium, Croatia, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Monaco, the Netherlands,...
Initiated by France and financed by the European Commission, it has enabled during one year meetings between professionals, managers and owners of historic gardens in four European countries (Belgium, Spain, France, Hungary) to acquire new knowledge and know-how on the management of historic...