Several countries of the same linguistic family have worked together for the Dutch (Netherlands and Belgium), Greek (Greece and Cyprus) and French (Belgium, Switzerland and France) thesauri.
Synonyms have therefore been introduced for these three languages to express the different national concepts.
Between 500 and 600 words per language are divided into 9 groups:
- Organisations and intervenants
- Categories of cultural property
- Documentation systems
- Legislative system
- Economic and financial system
- Training, trades and skills
- Communication and awareness-raising
- General concepts
The terms are arranged hierarchically in each group. The synonyms are indicated by (+).