Photo: Kroměříž, Czech Republic
HEREIN is a European Cultural Heritage Information Network developed within the Council of Europe which brings together European public administrations in charge of national cultural heritage policies and strategies to form a unique co-operation network in the domain of Cultural Heritage.
Although existing in various forms previously, the present HEREIN was fully shaped in 2014 by the development of its two major components :
- A network of national coordinators, appointed by relevant Ministries, which:
- Facilitates sharing, exchanging and analysing information on cultural heritage;
- Explores themes and areas of work addressing current challenges and issues in that field.
- A database, with input from the national coordinators, which provides:
- an inventory of European heritage policies in 38 Council of Europe Member States;
- a terminology concerning cultural and natural heritage in 14 European languages.