Studies commissioned by ECRI and other units of the Council of Europe’s Directorate General of Democracy
To learn more about some topics, ECRI and other units of the Directorate General of Democracy of the Council of Europe commission studies to review problems and existing good practices identified on the subjects concerned, establish the learning from these, and assess how they can be supported and applied.
The study’s description of good practices and recommendations are shared among all those interested and serve as an incentive for co-operation.
- "Models of governance of online hate speech" – Council of Europe publication – Alexander Brown (May 2020)
- "Moving Forward: Increasing ECRI's Impact" - Nils Muižnieks (September 2019)
- "25 Years of the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance: Impact in the Field of Equality" - Timothy Jacob-Owens (August 2019)
- Study on "Discrimination, artificial intelligence and algorithmic decision-making" - Prof. Frederik Zuiderveen Borgesius (2018)
- National Specialised Bodies: Effective implementation of their advisory function (December 2016)
- "Cyberhate: an issue of continued concern for the Council of Europe’s Anti-Racism Commission" - Council of Europe publication - Chara Bakalis (November 2015)
- Cooperation for effectiveness: Local authorities and national specialised bodies combating racism and intolerance (May 2015)
- Education Pack Ideas, resources, methods and activities for informal intercultural education with young people and adults (Revised in 2016)