Quality Education for All - Bosnia and Herzegovina
What is the goal?
- To foster quality education for all by promoting inclusion and providing solutions to address discrimination in the education system thus contributing to an inclusive, peaceful and democratic society with engaged citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- To promote the benefits of multi-ethnic and democratic schools through applying anti-discriminatory approaches based on Council of Europe standards and practices.
Who benefits from the project?
- 29 pilot schools including teachers and school management, students, parents and their communities.
- Ministries of Education on Entity and Cantonal levels.
- Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina who will be living in a more inclusive, peaceful and democratic society.
How will the project work?
- Through targeted capacity building, awareness-raising, tailor-made school projects and joint school activities, working group meetings, peer exchanges, and grants for school-based projects.
- It builds upon the results achieved under HF Phase I (2016-2019) “Quality Education in Multi-ethnic Societies” action and supports effective implementation of the policy roadmap developed jointly by relevant ministries at state level, entity ministries of education and 10 cantonal ministries of education in April 2019.
What do we expect to achieve?
- Main actors in education promote democratic culture as a key element of quality education.
- Schools will have identified opportunities to foster quality education for all learners enriched by a democratic school culture and inclusive education for all.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 800 000 EUR.
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
- Capacity building
- Current Projects
- European Qualifications Passport for Refugees
- Quality Education for All - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Quality Education for All - Montenegro
- Quality education for all – Serbia
- Strengthening Democratic Citizenship Education in Albania
- INCLUDE - Building Capacity for Inclusion in Education
- Strengthening Democratic Culture in Basic Education
- Education for Democracy in the Republic of Moldova
- Democracy Starts in Schools
- EEA/Norway Grants
- Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity
- Supporting an efficient national mechanism of recognition of refugees qualifications in Italy
- Previous Projects
- Resources developed within capacity building projects
- Current Projects