Organised under the French Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe, the objective of this international conference is to reaffirm the universal importance of Convention 108+ and to emphasise the need for swift accession from as many Parties as possible, in order to foster the expansion of a common legal regime for data protection – at global level.
Member States and other Parties to the Convention are encouraged to immediately start the process provided by their national legislation for ratification, approval or acceptance of the Amending Protocol to Convention 108.
List of Speakers : (the final programme will be published soon)
- Mr Thorbjorn Jagland, Secretary General of the Council of Europe
- Mr Jean-Baptiste Mattei, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of France to the Council of Europe
- Mr Joseph A. Cannataci, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Privacy
- Ms Alessandra Pierucci, Chair of the Committee of Convention 108
- Mr Giovanni Buttarelli, European Data Protection Supervisor (by video)
- Mr Bertrand du Marais, Commissioner, Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés (CNIL)
- Mr Chawki Gaddes, Chairman ad interim of the AFAPDP, Chairman of the Tunisian data protection authority (INPDP)
- Ms Ann Cavoukian, Creator of Global Privacy and Security by design (by video message)
- Mr Eduardo Bertoni, Chairman of the Argentinian data protection authority
- Ms Tamar Kaldani, Chair, Data Protection authority of Georgia
- Ms Corina Calugaru, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Moldova to the Council of Europe
The Conference will take place from 2:30 to 5:30 in room G03 of the Council of Europe Agora building, in Strasbourg.