The Council of Europe is currently implementing the Project “Ensuring child-friendly justice through the effective operation of the Barnahus-units in Finland”. It is co-financed by the EU Structural Reform Support Programme and implemented in close cooperation with the EU DG Reform and National Institute of Health and Welfare of Finland during the period of 1 September 2021-29 February 2024.
In 2019, Finland initiated its own nationwide Barnahus project to be implemented around the core of five university hospital expert units specialising in forensic psychology/psychiatry (Barnahus-units). The EU-CoE Joint Project Barnahus in Finland sets to support the Finnish authorities in addressing the needs and challenges identified since the launch of their project so as to reduce significant existing delays in the pre-trial and judicial processes involving children.
In this context, the Council of Europe is looking for international consultants for the provision of international expertise in five areas (Lots), as specified in the following Tender File and Act of Engagement:
- Lot 1: Analysis, review and drafting of legal, policy and institutional framework in Finland in line with international standards and good practices.
- Lot 2: Training and support for legal professionals on violence against children, including forensic interviewing of children and child sexual abuse exploitation and abuse, both online and offline.
- Lot 3: Targeted and interdisciplinary training and support for professionals working for and with children with focus on interagency coordination, collaboration and case management; awareness raising and sensitisation of target groups on Barnahus, forensic interviewing and child sexual exploitation and abuse both online and offline.
- Lot 4: Training and support of relevant professionals on medical examinations of child victims of violence.
- Lot 5: Child participation and child safeguarding.
Applicants are invited to consult the documents below and carefully follow the instructions for submission.
The new deadline for submission of applications is 12 November 2021 (23:59 CET) to be addressed exclusively to [email protected].