The Council of Europe is launching a call for tenders for the provision of local consultancy services in Slovenia in the area of combating child sexual abuse and violence against children to support the establishment of Barnahus in Slovenia. Barnahus is a leading European model for a child-friendly multidisciplinary and interagency response to child sexual exploitation and abuse.
The Council of Europe is looking for professionals, academia and other experts with experience from:
- Analysis and review of legislation and policies
- Training and support for legal professionals, including judges, prosecutors, lawyers and criminal investigation officers
- Interagency coordination and collaboration
- Child participation and child safeguarding
- Forensic interviewing of children and forensic medical examinations of child victims of sexual abuse
- Sensitisation, training and awareness raising of children, parents and professionals for the promotion of the rights of the child and the prevention and protection of children against violence.
This call supports the implementation of the joint EU–CoE project Barnahus (Children’s House), phase II in Slovenia (2019-2021) carried out in close collaboration with the Ministry of Justice in Slovenia and with the financial support of the European Commission's Directorate General for Structural Reform Support.
The expected start date is 6 July 2020. The deadline for tendering is 19 June 2020. Selected consultants will be consulted on an as-needed-basis.
Interested consultants are invited to refer to the Call for Tenders and the Act of Engagement, which contain a full description of the terms and conditions of engagement and the scope of the assessment.
Contact: [email protected]