Opinion No. 12 on the relations between Judges and Prosecutors in a democratic society
In 2009, the Consultative Council of European Judges (CCJE) and the Consultative Council of European Prosecutors (CCPE) prepared an Opinion on the relations between judges and prosecutors. The final version of this Opinion has been adopted at the joint CCPE and CCJE meeting in Ljubljana (Slovenia) on 20 November 2009. On 20 January 2010, the Committee of Ministers took note of the Opinion jointly adopted by the CCPE and the CCJE on relations between judges and prosecutors. This opinion has been transmitted to the Parliamentary Assembly and to the concerned Council of Europe Committees, as well as to the competent authorities in the members States.
- Recommendation (2000)19 on the Role of Public Prosecution in the Criminal Justice System, paragraphs 17 to 20
- Recommendation (94) 12 on the independence, efficiency and role of judges
- Recommendation (87) 18 concerning the simplification of criminal justice
- European Charter on the Statute for Judges
- Opinion N° 1 (2001) on standards concerning the independence of the judiciary and the irremovability of judges
- Opinion N° 3 (2002) on ethics and liability of judges
- Opinion N° 4 (2003) on training for judges
- Opinion N° 6 (2004) on fair trial with a reasonable time
- Opinion N° 7 (2005) on "justice and society"
- Opinion n°8 (2006) on "the role of judges in the protection of the rule of law and human rights in the context of terrorism"
- Opinion n°9 (2006) on "the role of national judges in ensuring an effective application of international and European law"
- Opinion n°10 (2007) on "Council for the Judiciary in the service of society"
- Conclusions of the Conference of Prosecutors General of Europe, 3rd Session, Ljubljana, 12-14 May 2002
- CEPEJ Report on "European judicial systems" (replies to questions on judges and prosecutors)
- Report on the relationship between judges and prosecutors by Professor Tak (Netherlands) (Doc. CCJE-GT(2009)4)
- Report on the relationship between judges and prosecutors by John MacMENAMIN (Ireland) (Doc. CCJE-GT(2009)1
Conferences and other events
- Presentation the CCJE’s work before the Committee of Ministers
10 February 2021
Speech of Ms Nina Betetto
- Webinar “The judiciary: possible ways of development”
18 January 2021
organised by the Association of Polish Judges IUSTITIA, as well as by the EAJ, MEDEL and AEAJ
Speech of Ms Nina Betetto
- Online Conference of Ministers of Justice: "Independence of Justice and the Rule of Law"
9 November 2020