The objective of the Group (decision adopted at the 1075th meeting of the Minister Deputies on 20 January 2010 in the framework of the terms of reference of the CCJE for 2010-2011), is to draw up a unique document called "Magna Carta of European Judges", summarising, updating and codifying the main conclusions of the CCJE opinions. The Magna Carta of European Judges will improve visibility of all the European Principles in the field of Justice already adopted by the CCJE.
The Magna Carta has been officially adopted and presented to the judiciary and to the press during the 10th CCJE plenary meeting, from 17 to 19 November 2010.
- Meeting report - plenary meeting in Strasbourg, from 17 to 19 November 2010
- Press review - publication of the Magna Carta
Conferences and other events
- General Assembly of the European Network of Councils for the Judiciary "the Future of the Rule of Law and Justice in Europe”
5-7 June 2019
- Final Conference of the Rule of Law Project
13-14 May 2019
- Round table on judiciary in Poland
25 March 2019