Promoting more humane and socially effective penal sanctions
Lillestrøm 20-21 June 2017
The 22nd Council of Europe Conference of Directors of Prison and Probation Services (CDPPS),...
Strasbourg 24 March 2017
The Council of Europe has just issued a Recommendation to governments containing European rules...
Historically speaking the Council of Europe has played a pioneering role and has a unique experience in promoting humane treatment of offenders, decent prison conditions and socially effective and rehabilitative penal sanctions and measures.
To this end a number of important legal instruments [...] read more
- Recommendation CM/Rec (2017) 3 of the Committee of Ministers to the member states on the European Rules on community sanctions and measures / Text of the Recommendation accompanied by its commentary
- Council of Europe Handbook for Prison and Probation Services regarding Radicalisation and Violent Extremism / German version here
- White Paper on Prison Overcrowding
- Essex paper N°3 with initial guidance on interpretation and implementation of the Nelson Mandela Rules
- Guidelines for prison and probation services regarding radicalisation and violent extremism
- Practical Guide - Monitoring places where children are deprived of liberty