Welcome to the Economic Crime and Cooperation Division
27 Nov 2020 09:35:00
Workshop regarding the development of a practitioners’ manual on detection, investigation and prosecution of illicit enrichmentTunis, Tunisia 22 October 2020
A workshop regarding the development of a manual of practitioners on illicit enrichment took...
26 Nov 2020 14:27:00Ukraine October 2020
New anti-money laundering legislation, which came into effect earlier this year, brough...
23 Nov 2020 16:31:00
Review of the legislative and institutional framework governing the disciplinary liability of prosecutors in the Republic of MoldovaChisinau, Republic of Moldova 16-20 November 2020
On 16, 18 and 20 November 2020, the project “Action against corruption in the Republic of...
23 Nov 2020 14:11:00Video conference 23 November 2020
On 23 November 2020 the Council of Europe Economic Crime and Cooperation Division (ECCD)...
23 Nov 2020 14:00:00Videoconference 18-19 November 2020
In a continuous effort to support Ukrainian national authorities in strengthening their...
The Economic Crime Cooperation Division (ECCD) is responsible for the Council of Europe’s cooperation and technical assistance related activities concerning measures against corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. The ECCD has been supporting countries in the implementation of Council of Europe’s and other international anti-corruption and anti-money laundering standards for two decades now.
The Division’s activities comprise a wide variety of interventions focusing on implementation of international standards addressing recommendations provided by monitoring bodies such as GRECO and MONEYVAL (FATF or other FSRBs when applicable).
Through its interventions the Division supports the beneficiary jurisdictions in:
- Enhancing their legislative and strengthening of the institutional frameworks to fight corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing as well as on other matters relating to fight against economic crime;
- Developing policies and strategic documents;
- Strengthening of capacities of state institutions, specialised anti-corruption and anti-money laundering bodies, law enforcement, prosecution services and the judiciary.
To date the Division has implemented technical assistance interventions and supported reform processes in over 25 jurisdictions including CoE member states, EU member states, and non-member states and jurisdictions.
Call for Tenders:
- Consultancy Services on comparative analysis on specialised anti-corruption courts. The deadline for submission of applications: 27 November 2020
- Provider(s) of intellectual services in the fields of anti-corruption, anti-money laundering (AML) and asset recovery systems, business integrity and compliance in the private sector in Kazakhstan. The deadline for submission of applications: 01 December 2020