Local and Regional Governance
The effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels is one of the key priorities of the Congress of local and regional authorities. Good governance, which is the responsible conduct of public affairs and management of public resources, includes the principles of citizen participation, ethical conduct, rule of law, transparency, sound financial management and accountability.
The Governance Committee is responsible for legal and political issues relating to the effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels. In particular it considers questions related to the functioning of local and regional authorities, such as citizen participation, public finance, cross-border and interregional co-operation, and e-democracy.
- Fighting nepotism through clear and transparent recruitment procedures
- Protecting whistleblowers to safeguard local and regional democracy
- Várpalota conference: Smart, democratic and inclusive cities
- Promoting young people’s transition to autonomy and working life through local and regional policies
- Jean-Louis Testud: 'Gender budgeting is a key mechanism for equality between women and men'