Local and Regional Governance
The effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels is one of the key priorities of the Congress of local and regional authorities. Good governance, which is the responsible conduct of public affairs and management of public resources, includes the principles of citizen participation, ethical conduct, rule of law, transparency, sound financial management and accountability.
The Governance Committee is responsible for legal and political issues relating to the effective development of good governance and democracy at local and regional levels. In particular it considers questions related to the functioning of local and regional authorities, such as citizen participation, public finance, cross-border and interregional co-operation, and e-democracy.
- Andrew Dawson: “Smart cities are more a political challenge than a technological one”
- Congress prepares for Committee meetings in September 2020
- Armenian municipalities to focus on ethics and integrity in local governance
- Armenia: Conference on Political Integrity and Ethics in Local Governance
- Border regions facing migration