What role for national human rights institutions (NHRIs) and national equality bodies (NEBs) in the European Social Charter reporting procedure? This question will be addressed during an online training session, organised by the European Social Charter Department in collaboration with ENNHRI and EQUINET, on 2 February 2022 (11:30-13:30 CEST).
More specifically, the objectives of the training are:
- to strengthen the knowledge of NHRIs/NEBs on the reporting procedure of the European Social Charter in order to encourage them to take an active part in it;
- to present the questionnaire on labour rights submitted to States Parties for reporting cycle 2022 and examine the opportunities for NHRIs and NEBs to submit additional information to the European Committee of Social Rights (ECSR) on labour rights;
- to share concrete experiences of NHRIs and NEBs on collecting, presenting and submitting additional information to the ECSR.
In the framework of the reporting procedure, certain organisations, including national human rights institutions and national equality bodies, are entitled to submit comments and additional information on the thematic or simplified national reports. When considering to do so, organisations must verify which version of the European Social Charter has been ratified by the State Party in question (signatures and ratifications) and which provisions of the Charter have been accepted (table of accepted provisions).
The ECSR therefore invites these bodies to submit to it, by 30 June 2022, their comments on the provisions belonging to thematic group 3 on labour rights referring to the national reports and targeted questions transmitted to the States Parties to the Charter. State reports are available on the European Social Charter website under country profiles.
Comments on national reports can be submitted to the Secretariat of the European Social Charter by email ([email protected]) or by mail at the following address:
Department of the European Social Charter
Directorate General Human Rights and Rule of Law
Council of Europe
1 quai Jacoutot, F-67075
Strasbourg Cedex, France
- Concept and agenda
- Questions to States Parties of the Revised Charter relating to thematic group 3 on labour rights for Conclusions 2022
- Questions to States Parties of the 1961 Charter relating to thematic group 3 on labour rights for Conclusions 2022
- Guide "How can NHRIs and NEBs engage with the ECSR" DE | EN | ES | PL