Each of the selected journalists/teams shall:
- Commit to undertake the mentoring programme under the supervision of the designated mentor, and attend all mentoring events (including the first mentoring event, on 10-11 November 2016 in Lisbon, and the final mentoring event, to take place in April 2017. Dates will be communicated in advance and the travel and subsistence expenses to the first and the final mentoring event will be covered by the Council of Europe under its financial rules);
- Participate in the relevant virtual meetings organised in the framework of the mentoring programme (through Skype, phone conference, etc.);
- Provide regular feedback on the progress in the implementation of the project plan to the designated mentor; and
- Promote the mentoring programme and its results in his/her own network.
Each of the selected journalists/teams are expected to
- Prepare a business plan for setting-up of a mid or long-term media outlet using digital platforms and focussing on diversity inclusion (delivery deadline: 31 March 2017)
- Following the completion of the mentoring programme, prepare an analysis report within 60 (sixty) working days, on the challenges faced to reach the goals set under the programme, and useful advice for setting-up of a digital media outlet, which includes diversity in depicting society, with a particular focus on:
- The challenges related to financial sustainability,
- Engaging the audience; and
- Implementing an approach of diversity inclusiveness in media.
In return of the fulfilment of the above obligations, the Council undertakes to pay the selected journalist(s)/teams a fee up to a maximum of 3,000 Euros covering the whole mentoring process.