30 juin 2023Event Strasbourg, France 23 June 2023
The Reykjavík Principles for Democracy will shape the priorities of the organisation in the...
30 nov. 202230 November 2022
The Education Department is opening a possibility to apply to the call for projects of the...
16 nov. 20224 November 2022
The Council of Europe is looking for partners to bring added value to its work in the field of...
The Schools of Political Studies: A priority for the Council of Europe
The Council of Europe Schools of Political Studies were established to train future generations of young people showing potential for contributing to political, economic, social and cultural leadership in countries across Europe. With the participation of national and international experts, the Schools carry out annual series of seminars and conferences on topics such as European integration, democracy, human rights, the rule of law and globalisation.
The first School of Political Studies was created in Moscow in 1992 by a group of civil society activists seeking to promote democratic values. Since then, 20 other Schools have been set up along the same lines; a genuine network now covering the whole of Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the Caucasus, as well as some countries in the Southern Mediterranean region.
The Council of Europe Schools of Political Studies is part of the Education Department which is part of the Directorate of Democratic Participation within the Directorate General of Democracy and Human Dignity (“DGII”) of the Council of Europe.
List of schools 2023
- Academy for Political Development
- Academy of Political Studies
- Boğaziçi Avrupa Siyaset Okulu (European School of Politics)
- Bulgarian School of Politics "Dimitry Panitza"
- Center for Research and Policy Making
- East-European School of Political Studies
- Ecole Citoyenne des Etudes Politiques du Maroc
- Ecole Politique de Tunis
- Foundation BFPE for a Responsible Society
- Pristina Institute for Political Studies
- School of Civic Education
- School of Political Studies (NGO Civic Alliance)
- School of Political Studies in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Symbiosis - School of Political Studies in Greece
- Tbilisi School of Political Studies
- Ukrainian School of Political Studies (Agency for Legislative Initiatives)
- Visegrád School of Political Studies (European Academy of Diplomacy)
- Yerevan School of Political Studies