Strategic development of higher education
The joint project by the European Union and the Council of Europe “Strategic development of higher education and qualification standards” in BiH (2013. – 2015.)
The cooperation in the field of higher education and between its institutions is one of the symbols of European integrations – within the European Union, and the Council of Europe as well. This project will help BiH to achieve one of the aspects if its strategic plan for education 2008-2015, which is full access to the European higher education area (EHEA). The objective is to create opportunities for the higher education in BiH, its institutions, graduate students, academic staff and current students to fully use their European opportunities and possibilities, and to take over their full role in the development of BiH.
The project supports the responsible authorities in BiH in two key fields: analysis of sector which gives base for strategic medium-term planning, also after 2015.
The following includes:
A comprehensive analysis of the situation in higher education and research in BiH; a definition of priorities for the development of the sector of higher education in BiH;
Progress in the implementation of the Framework for higher education qualifications in BiH – with an overview concerning the relevancy of higher education for society and employment through:
Development of good practice for linking higher education qualifications with occupations in five different fields/disciplines and for different occupations. (This involves development of subject descriptors and standard occupations);
Development of guidelines for acknowledgment of qualifications in accordance with the newly developed occupation standards;
Development of plan for the comprehensive implementation of the Framework for higher education qualifications in BiH by the institutions of higher education.
The project helps in building competency and capacity inside the country and continues on the series of former joint projects by the European Union and the Council of Europe supporting reforms of higher education in Bosnia and Herzegovina since the country joined the Bologna process in 2003.
The two-year project was initiated in the beginning of 2003 on the demand of the authorities of BiH and was co-financed by the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance of the European Union (IPA 2011) and by the Council of Europe.
The project is being implemented by the Office of the Council of Europe in Sarajevo with the support and expertize of the Directorate for Democracy of the Council of Europe and its international network of experts.
- Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey
- Ensuring Sustainable Penitentiary Actions in managing rehabilitation of violent extremist prisoners in Bosnia and Herzegovina (ESPA-VEP)
- Enhancing Institutional Capacities on Freedom of Expression and Information (EFEx) in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Initiative for Legal Certainty and Efficient Judiciary in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Phase III
- Innovating democratic participation at local level in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Media and Information Literacy: for Human Rights and More Democracy Project (2020 – 2022)
- Promoting good governance and Roma empowerment at local level – ROMACTED
- Support to more integral and inclusive electoral processes in Bosnia and Herzegovina