Initiative for Legal Certainty and Efficient Judiciary in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Phase II
30 Nov 2021 14:47:00Bosnia and Herzegovina 24 November 2021
The first three-day training session for future trainers on implementation of the European...
23 Dec 2021 10:42:00
Two trainings on legal reasoning and legal drafting of court decisions were organised in December...
08 Dec 2021 10:27:00
Council of Europe supports human rights education for law students in Bosnia and Herzegovina and SerbiaSarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Nis, Serbia 3-5 December
From 03.-05.12.2021 a moot court before the European Court of Human Rights was organised for...
07 Dec 2021 09:24:00
Council of Europe together with the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina helps improve legal certainty and equality of citizens before the lawSarajevo 6 December 2021
Council of Europe organised a roundtable discussion on the harmonisation of case law and judicial...
The main partners and beneficiaries of the Project are Ministry of Justice of Bosnia and Herzegovina, High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Supreme Court of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Supreme Court of Republika Srpska, Appellate Court of Brčko District; Judges’ and Prosecutors’ Training Centres of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and of Republika Srpska; Law faculties of universities of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The main objective is to support a more coherent application of judicial practice in Bosnia Herzegovina, essential to ensuring legal certainty for the people and functioning of an efficient and human rights -friendly judiciary.
The following results are expected:
- The case law database and case management systems used by the courts in Bosnia and Herzegovina apply the same case classification methodology and use vocabulary and descriptors compatible with the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) in human rights cases;
- Strengthened case law departments;
- Improved efficiency of courts and ensured better judicial protection for citizens in line with the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights;
- Strengthened capacity of National Training Institutions for judges and prosecutors;
- Support of law faculties to provide human rights training.
- Duration: 18 months (1 July 2020 – 31 December 2021)
- Place/ country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Budget: 500 000 €
- Funding: Voluntary contribution - Kingdom of Norway