Initiative for Legal Certainty and Efficient Judiciary in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Phase II
13 Sep 2021 16:03:00Bosnia and Herzegovina 9 and 10 September 2021
The 3rd two-day online training on legal reasoning and legal drafting in civil cases with the...
08 Jul 2021 11:37:00
A round table on the methodology and protocols for the exchange of case-law was organised on 30...
17 Jun 2021 10:30:00
Round table for judges and courts' presidents on remedying the excessive length of judicial proceedingsMostar 7-8 June
The round table, organised on 7 - 8 June in Mostar, gathered 15 judges and presidents of courts...
15 Apr 2021 14:05:00
Assessed new remedies introduced and envisaged in Bosnia and Herzegovina to address the excessive length of proceedingsBosnia and Herzegovina 15 April 2021
On 15 April, the Council of Europe presented the Analysis of the legal framework governing the...
The main partners and beneficiaries of the Project are Ministry of Justice of Bosnia and Herzegovina, High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Supreme Court of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Supreme Court of Republika Srpska, Appellate Court of Brčko District; Judges’ and Prosecutors’ Training Centres of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and of Republika Srpska; Law faculties of universities of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The main objective is to support a more coherent application of judicial practice in Bosnia Herzegovina, essential to ensuring legal certainty for the people and functioning of an efficient and human rights -friendly judiciary.
The following results are expected:
- The case law database and case management systems used by the courts in Bosnia and Herzegovina apply the same case classification methodology and use vocabulary and descriptors compatible with the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) in human rights cases;
- Strengthened case law departments;
- Improved efficiency of courts and ensured better judicial protection for citizens in line with the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights;
- Strengthened capacity of National Training Institutions for judges and prosecutors;
- Support of law faculties to provide human rights training.
- Duration: 18 months (1 July 2020 – 31 December 2021)
- Place/ country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Budget: 500 000 €
- Funding: Voluntary contribution - Kingdom of Norway