Initiative for Legal Certainty and Efficient Judiciary in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Phase II
22 Dec 2020 17:55:00Bosnia and Herzegovina 22 December 2020
There is a strong need to develop the competences of newly appointed judges to make correct use...
18 Dec 2020 09:18:00Bosnia and Herzegovina 17 December 2020
The Council of Europe continues to strengthen the case law departments within highest courts in...
10 Dec 2020 09:33:00Bosnia and Herzegovina 9-10 December 2020
A two-day webinar/training on legal reasoning and legal drafting in civil cases is organised on 9...
12 Nov 2020 14:48:0012 November 2020
Council of Europe is celebrating 70th anniversary of the European Convention of Human Rights...
The main partners and beneficiaries of the Project are Ministry of Justice of Bosnia and Herzegovina, High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Supreme Court of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Supreme Court of Republika Srpska, Appellate Court of Brčko District; Judges’ and Prosecutors’ Training Centres of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and of Republika Srpska; Law faculties of universities of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The main objective is to support a more coherent application of judicial practice in Bosnia Herzegovina, essential to ensuring legal certainty for the people and functioning of an efficient and human rights -friendly judiciary.
The following results are expected:
- The case law database and case management systems used by the courts in Bosnia and Herzegovina apply the same case classification methodology and use vocabulary and descriptors compatible with the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) in human rights cases;
- Strengthened case law departments;
- Improved efficiency of courts and ensured better judicial protection for citizens in line with the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights;
- Strengthened capacity of National Training Institutions for judges and prosecutors;
- Support of law faculties to provide human rights training.
- Duration: 18 months (1 July 2020 – 31 December 2021)
- Place/ country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Budget: 500 000 €
- Funding: Voluntary contribution - Kingdom of Norway