HFII - Strengthening the effective legal remedies to human rights violations in Serbia
The main objectives of the Action are:
- Improving national mechanisms for the consistent application of the European Convention on Human Rights and case law of the European Court of Human Rights, as well as the national judicial practice;
- Fostering the national implementation of European human rights standards, including the execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights.
The main stakeholders in the project are (in alphabetic order): Constitutional Court, Government Agent before the European Court of Human Rights, High Judicial Council, Judicial Academy, Law Faculty of the University of Belgrade, Ministry of European Integrations, Ministry of Justice, Republic Public Prosecutor’s Office, State Prosecutorial Council, Supreme Court of Cassation.
The following results are expected:
- Reinforced capacity of legal professionals, including judges, prosecutors, lawyers and legal assistants, to apply the provisions of the European Convention on Human Rights and the European Court of Human Rights case law and to adequately address human right violations identified by the European Court of Human Rights;
- Strengthened case law departments in courts of all levels;
- Secured horizontal dialogue between Serbian courts on contentious legal issues;
- Strengthened mechanism for the execution of judgements of the European Court of Human Rights in relation to Serbia;
- Strengthened office of the Government’s Agent before the European Court of Human Rights
On 29 September 2021, a group of 21 Serbian misdemeanour and trainee judges attended the first ever seminar-course launch on Environment and Human Rights. The event was organised in cooperation with the Judicial Academy of the Republic of Serbia. In his opening remarks, Sonja Vidanovic expressed,...
Consultancy services of supporting project team in conducting tender procedure for the update of the website of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Serbia and of the State Attorney’s Office-Agency Department before the European Court of Human Rights organised under the Action...
Presentation of the Analysis of education on human rights at the faculties of law in Serbia was organised in Belgrade on 27 May 2021. The event brought together representatives of law faculties, judges, prosecutors, national training institutions for judiciary and for public administration,...