The Third International Landscape Day of the Council of Europe, which will be held on 20 October 2019, addressing “Landscape and Water”, will promote the value of water in the landscape.
The European Landscape Convention applies to the entire territory of the States Parties to the Convention and covers natural, rural, urban and peri-urban areas. It includes “inland water and marine areas”. It concerns landscapes that might be considered outstanding as well as everyday or degraded landscapes.
The Convention states in its preamble that “the landscape is a key element of individual and social well-being and that its protection, management and planning entail rights and responsibilities for everyone”.
“Everyone” is invited to celebrate this International Landscape Day, dedicated to water in the landscape, in any country.
- European Landscape Convention of the Council of Europe
- Recommendation CM/Rec(2017)7 of the Committee of Ministers to member States on the contribution of the European Landscape Convention to the exercise of human rights and democracy with a view to sustainable development
- Information System of the Council of Europe Landscape Convention
- The Landscape Award Alliance of the Council of Europe
- Leaflet on the landscape approach
- Website of the Convention
Events relating to landscape and water:
- 22nd Council of Europe Meeting of the Workshops for the implementation of the European Landscape Convention on “Water, landscape and citizenship in the face of global change" - Seville, Spain, 14-15 March 2019
- Tenth Council of Europe Conference on the implementation of the European Landscape Convention, Council of Europe, Palais de l’Europe, Strasbourg, 6-7 May 2019