Quality education for all – Serbia
What is the goal?
- To foster quality education by supporting schools, their communities and relevant education institutions to fight discrimination in education through the implementation of the Council of Europe Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture.
- To improve the quality of education by fostering a democratic culture in the formal education system through applying anti-discriminatory approaches based on Council of Europe standards and practices.
Who benefits from the project?
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Institute for Improvement of Education and other education institutions.
- 60 pilot schools including teachers and school management, students, parents and their communities.
- Serbian society who will enjoy the benefits of an education system enriched by a democratic culture.
How will the project work?
- Through grassroots and policy level interventions.
- With targeted capacity building, awareness-raising, tailor-made school projects and joint school activities, working group meetings, peer exchanges.
- It builds on the results of co-operation in the field of “Fostering a democratic school culture” under HF Phase I (2016-2019).
What do we expect to achieve?
- Main actors in education will promote democratic culture as a key element of quality education.
- Relevant educational institutions will have developed tools to foster quality education for all learners.
- Schools will have identified opportunities to foster quality education for all learners enriched by a democratic school culture and inclusive education for all.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 900,000 EUR.
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
The “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey 2019-2022” is a joint initiative of the European Union and the Council of Europe that enables the Beneficiaries to meet their reform agendas in the fields of human rights, rule of law and democracy and to comply with the European standards, including where relevant within the framework of the EU enlargement process. This three-year programme covers actions in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, as well as Kosovo* and it is implemented by the Council of Europe from May 2019.
The views herein expressed can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Union or of the Council of Europe.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
- Capacity building
- Current Projects
- European Qualifications Passport for Refugees
- Quality Education for All - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Quality Education for All - Montenegro
- Quality education for all – Serbia
- Strengthening Democratic Citizenship Education in Albania
- INCLUDE - Building Capacity for Inclusion in Education
- Strengthening Democratic Culture in Basic Education
- Education for Democracy in the Republic of Moldova
- EEA/Norway Grants
- Democracy Starts in Schools
- Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity
- Previous Projects
- Current Projects