Preventing Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in Serbia
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency and the Council of Europe signed an agreement on the funding of the project “Preventing Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in Serbia” in December 2019. The project’s overall objective is to support Serbia with addressing the remaining Anti-Money Laundering/Countering Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) regulatory shortcomings thereby strengthening the country’s AML/CFT prevention and enforcement regime. The objective will be achieved by developing an effective and sustainable framework for preventing and supressing money laundering and terrorist financing in Serbia, inclusive of primary and secondary legislation, organisational solution, and specialisation.
In line with the above, the project expects to achieve the following outcomes:
- Strengthened compliance and oversight of AML/CFT financial and designated non-financial business and professions;
- Enhanced Non-Profit Organisations terrorist-financing risk management;
- Developed risk-based border controls related to cash and goods smuggling, terrorist financing, and proliferation;
- Increased transparency of beneficial ownership information for legal persons and arrangements;
- Enhanced criminal justice sector processing of money laundering and terrorist financing cases;
- Strengthened effectiveness in the confiscation of proceeds and instrumentalities of crime;
- Enhanced inter-agency cooperation on verification of asset declarations.
The Steering Committee of the Project on Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in Serbia holds its first meeting
On 27 November 2020, the project on “Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in Serbia” organized the first Steering Committee meeting in a hybrid format through online and in-person participation of the Committee members. The Project supports the authorities of the Republic of...