Signed: 8 September 2008
Ratified: 17 December 2012
Entry into force: 1 April 2013
1st Evaluation Round
- GRETA's Report and Government’s Comments, published on 14 October 2015
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted on 30 November 2015
- Government’s Reply to the Committee of the Parties’ Recommendation, received on 29 November 2017
- Appendix to the report: National Action Plan against Trafficking in Human Beings 2017-2020 (NAP) - this document is also available in German and Italian
Round-table to support anti-trafficking efforts in Switzerland, Bern
On 10 October 2017, the Anti-Trafficking Division of the Council of Europe, in co-operation with the Federal Office of Police, organised a round-table meeting in Bern to discuss progress in the implementation of the recommendations made by the Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings (GRETA) in its first evaluation report on Switzerland.
The meeting brought together some 40 representatives of relevant ministries and agencies at federal and cantonal level, non-governmental organisations and the International Organization of Migration.
Switzerland is expected to report to the Committee of the Parties to the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings on the measures taken to comply with GRETA’s recommendations by 30 November 2017. The second round of evaluation of the implementation of the Convention by Switzerland will take place in the course of 2018.
2nd Evaluation Round
- GRETA's report and Government's comments, published 9 October 2019
- Government's Reply to GRETA's 2nd Questionnaire, published 2 October 2018
- Annex 1 - Situation of Trafficking in Human Beings in Switzerland (only available in French)
- Annex 2 - 2017-2020 National Action Plan (only available in French)
- Annex 3 - Case law since 2014 (only available in French)
- Annex 4 - Press article on trafficking involving minors (only available in French)
- Annex 8 - Press article related to question 55 (only available in French)