Signed: 16 May 2005
Ratified: 27 February 2008
Entry into force: 1 June 2008
1st Evaluation Round
- GRETA's Report and Government’s Comments, published 12 February 2013
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted 15 February 2013
- Government’s Reply to the Committee of the Parties’ Recommendation, received 16 May 2015
Round-table meeting as a follow-up to the 1st evaluation report
On 30 October 2014 the Anti-Trafficking Division of the Council of Europe, in co-operation with the National Rapporteur for Human Trafficking and the Commission for Citizenship and Gender Equality of Portugal, organised a round-table meeting in Lisbon for some 40 representatives of relevant ministries, public agencies and non-governmental organisations.
Participants discussed measures taken by Portugal to strengthen the implementation of the Convention in the light of GRETA’s report and ways in which the Council of Europe can support Portugal in its anti-trafficking efforts.
Portugal is expected to provide information of the measures taken to implement the recommendations made by GRETA and the Committee of the Parties by 15 February 2015.
2nd evaluation round
- GRETA's Report and Government’s Comments, published 17 March 2017
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted 10 March 2017
- Government’s Reply to the Committee of the Parties’ Recommendation, received 8 March 2018
- Government's Reply to GRETA's 2nd Questionnaire, published 25 November 2015
- news item on GRETA's visit