Signed: 22 November 2006
Ratified: 17 April 2007
Entry into force: 1 February 2008
1st Evaluation Round
- GRETA's Report and Government’s Comments, published 14 December 2011
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted 13 November 2012
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties (Bulgarian translation)*
- Government Reply to the Committee of the Parties Recommendation, received 27 January 2014
- Government's Reply to GRETA's Questionnaire, published 7 March 2011
* The official languages of the Council of Europe are English and French (Article 12 of the Statute of the Council of Europe). These unofficial translations are for information only.
Round-table meeting as a follow-up to the 1st evaluation report
A round-table meeting on the follow-up to be given to GRETA’s first report and the Committee of the Parties’ recommendation on the implementation of the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings by Bulgaria took place in Sofia on 28 May 2013.
The meeting was co-organised by the Anti-Trafficking Division of the Council of Europe and the Bulgarian National Commission for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings. It brought together some 40 representatives of relevant governmental bodies and non-governmental and international organisations who discussed progress made since the publication of GRETA’s report on Bulgaria in December 2011 and remaining challenges. The meeting will be used to identify ways in which the Council of Europe can further support Bulgaria in its anti-trafficking efforts.
Bulgaria is expected to provide information of the measures taken to implement the recommendations made by GRETA and the Committee of the Parties by 30 January 2014.
2nd Evaluation Round
- GRETA's Report and Government’s Comments, published 28 January 2016
- Government's Reply to GRETA's 2nd Questionnaire, published 11 March 2016
- Government's Reply to GRETA's 2nd Questionnaire (Bulgarian)*
- Recommendation of the Committee of the Parties, adopted 23 May 2016
- Government Reply to the Committee of the Parties Recommendation, received 23 May 2017
Next 35th GRETA plenary meeting: 8-12 July 2019
Adoption of the final GRETA reports on Liechtenstein, Hungary, Switzerland and Turkey
Next 25th Committee of the Parties meeting: 18 October 2019