2nd meeting of the Council of Europe Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Organisations
The 2nd meeting of the Council of Europe Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Organisations (2-3 June 2016) focused on the causes and challenges of internal and cross-border migration of Roma and Travellers as well as the issue of hate speech directed against them, with a view to finding possible solutions.
The meeting combined plenary sessions and panel discussions in order to provide all stakeholders – experts, civil society organisations, member States, monitoring mechanisms and other Council of Europe Secretariat sectors – with adequate space for exchange and joint reflection.
Some 25 representatives of international, national and local Roma and Traveller NGOs from Council of Europe member States participated in this meeting.
2nd Dialogue meeting - Working documents
- Agenda of the 2nd Dialogue meeting
- Fact Sheets on Evictions and Expulsions of Roma and Travellers and on Hate speech
- Council of Europe Thematic Action Plan for the Inclusion of Roma and Travellers (2016-2019)
- Ad Hoc Committee of Experts on Roma Issues (CAHROM): Thematic Report on Combating anti-Gypsyism, Hate Speech and Hate Crime against Roma
- PACE Committee on Equality and Non-Discrimination: No Hate Parliamentary Alliance Anti-Gypsyism in Europe (Information memorandum prepared by the Secretariat)
- ECRI General Policy Recommendation No. 15 on combating Hate Speech
- ECRI General Policy Recommendation No. 13 on combating anti-Gypsyism and discrimination against Roma
- Report of the 2nd Dialogue meeting