On-site guided tours
Get a feel for the palace
Visiting the Council of Europe in a group is an opportunity to get real sense of the daily life of an intergovernmental organisation at the Palais de l’Europe in Strasbourg, France.
The guided tour of the Palais de l’Europe is designed principally for visitors looking for general information on the Council of Europe and a first introduction to the Organisation and its work.
The tours are conducted in English, French or German.
A typical tour lasts between one hour and one hour and a half and includes:
- a presentation of the Council of Europe;
- a screening of a film on the functioning and achievements of the Organisation;
- a visit to the Council of Europe’s historic Assembly Chamber;
- an exchange of views and replies to visitors’ questions.
Terms and conditions
Contact the Visitors’ Service of the Council of Europe to book your guided tour.
- Groups must comprise at least 15 persons (booking by telephone or e-mail).
- Individual visitors may visit the Council of Europe by joining a group that has already registered and depending on availability (booking by telephone).
The Palais de l’Europe is open to visitors from Monday to Friday. It is closed at weekends and on French national holidays.
The visits are fully accessible to people with reduced mobility. Visits are free of charge.